Re: Post Your Cartoons and Yuk Yuks

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm I just saw that Mad thing recently.

I actually BOUGHT that issue in 1968--I was an avid reader back then--I was 12 or 13.
And I remember that cartoon!
I had a subscription to MAD and I remember that cartoon. Jack Davis was the artist.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Re: Post Your Cartoons and Yuk Yuks

JColville wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:50 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm I just saw that Mad thing recently.

I actually BOUGHT that issue in 1968--I was an avid reader back then--I was 12 or 13.
And I remember that cartoon!
I had a subscription to MAD and I remember that cartoon. Jack Davis was the artist.
Yup. Davis had his own unique style. He also did ads for other magazines. I never had a subscription. But I bought it every month for years after my older brother grew out of it.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."