I’m in the wrong line of work

Talk about anything you like but keep it civil. This is a public forum, the views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the LGC.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: I’m in the wrong line of work

Post by K9s »

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:11 pm
BKinzey wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:53 pm
Don't have a link but a "Performance Artist" took it off the wall and ate it.

That was wrong of them to do.

Then again...

Nope! Wrong!

....... :lol:

I disagree. It was the first piece of "performance art" I actually appreciated, applauded, and enjoyed! First time I know of when a performance artist's message was: The Emperor Has No Clothes! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gosh! How will they ever replace that rare piece of art?

Next time, maybe use TWO pieces of duct tape to prevent theft?

The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

Everyone to their own taste.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

Doncha like bananas?
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

awshoot
Been around awhile

Post by awshoot »

"I thought Karabekian with his meaningless pictures had entered into a conspiracy with millionaires to make poor people feel stupid."

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions (discussing a painting that was an orange panel with a stripe of green tape down it).

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Bravo!!! I’d forgotten that part of the book.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

awshoot
Been around awhile

Post by awshoot »

senorgrand wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:18 pm
Wasn't Pollack unknowning supported by the CIA because America had a "modern art gap" with the godless commies?
Almost -- it was to portray the Soviets as rigid and unfree: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 78808.html
Why did the CIA support them? Because in the propaganda war with the Soviet Union, this new artistic movement could be held up as proof of the creativity, the intellectual freedom, and the cultural power of the US. Russian art, strapped into the communist ideological straitjacket, could not compete.