Anti-vaxxers have started physically confronting parents taking kids to get shots

Talk about anything you like but keep it civil. This is a public forum, the views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the LGC.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

VodoundaVinci
Loquacious

Re: Anti-vaxxers have started physically confronting parents taking kids to get shots

Post by VodoundaVinci »

I got the monster/extra strength flu shot and the lady giving it to me told me it might "knock me down" for a couple days as the immune system was activated. No shit - 36 hours later I briefly ran a temp. of 101 and hurt all over. Had to take a day of work *but* this last 2 weeks some of my coworkers came down with the real flu. We do a lot of work at hospitals and clinics. Get the damn shot. It's worth it sore arm and 48 hour immune response. Way better than the real thing.

VooDoo
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

tonguengroover
Been around awhile

Re: Anti-vaxxers have started physically confronting parents taking kids to get shots

Post by tonguengroover »

I can imagine. My shoulder was hurting for days just from the regular shot.
Buy the ticket; take the ride

Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bacchus »

VodoundaVinci wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm
I got the monster/extra strength flu shot and the lady giving it to me told me it might "knock me down" for a couple days as the immune system was activated. No shit - 36 hours later I briefly ran a temp. of 101 and hurt all over. Had to take a day of work *but* this last 2 weeks some of my coworkers came down with the real flu. We do a lot of work at hospitals and clinics. Get the damn shot. It's worth it sore arm and 48 hour immune response. Way better than the real thing.

VooDoo
Yeah, the flu's no joke. It's put me in the hospital twice. Get the shot.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

ImageImage

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

Yeah, we're a bunch of A.K.s! I include myself of course!
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ